Multiple Transcriptionists - Network Folder Option!

dsphony

I am trying to setup a Dictation system using Express Dictate and Express Scribe.

- The user dictates a recording and it goes to a shared network folder.

- ExpressScribe is installed on multiple PCs and are set to check every 1minute for a dictation.

- Once one 1 PC with Express Scribe picks up the dictation automatically, NONE OF THE OTHER PCs are able to see the dictation in their list!!!

Is it possible to setup the system so that all of the PCs with ExpressScribe on it can see the dictation in the shared folder without 1 PC taking it away from the others???????

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the exact same problem, running 2 windows XP Machines

One has the Dicate Software and Express Scribe software with the modem and phone line

The other computer in a Different location runs the express scribe software, both looking at the same incoming location for dictations ( on the network with correct security permissions ) The comptuer that has the modem and all the Dicate software seems to work fine, as soon as a dictation is recorded is pops straight into express scibe

The other computer just wont see any files at all as the master computer seems to load them automatically, cant multiple machines access all transcripts even if they have been opened by another computer? :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

If you allow other copies of Express Scribe to receive the same dictation, then you will have multiple transcribers doing the same work. If you truly wish to have a copy of the audio file sent to each transcriptionist, then setup a system whereby each user will have their own shared folder and a copy of each dictation will be sent into every folder.

Also have a look at Express Delegate, I believe the developers are reworking this product soon, so stay tuned!

If you allow other copies of Express Scribe to receive the same dictation, then you will have multiple transcribers doing the same work. If you truly wish to have a copy of the audio file sent to each transcriptionist, then setup a system whereby each user will have their own shared folder and a copy of each dictation will be sent into every folder.

Also have a look at Express Delegate, I believe the developers are reworking this product soon, so stay tuned!

once files have been loaded into Express Scribe from a network folder and the network folder files deleted, can i get those files back? The problem i have is before i realized it, one of my transcriptionist downloaded 400+ dictations so now none of the other dictationist can get to those files to work on them.

Thanks!

Sean

• 4 weeks later...

The files should be on the transcriptionist's computer, but you could probably recover them from the network folder using recovery software such as Recuva (which we don't make).