Can't see audio track(s) in Photostage

nzot

I recently updated to v10.78 pro via the installer link I got from tech support, and when I opened a project I made a couple years ago, I think in the free version 9.33, I couldn't see the audio track. I can hear it, but not see it. The problem is the original project had an issue where the song used for the "soundtrack" wasn't fully repeated at some points, so it got cut off and started repeating at an odd place. I wanted to go back and fix that, but I can't, because I can't see the track to edit it.

I tried installing v9.33 again, but that didn't change anything. All I can see is the slides, no audio tracks like I used to be able to see. How do I fix this so I can edit the audio repeats and fades again?

Hi @nzot

After reading, the thing that stuck to me is that the audio file wasn't playable on the original and new version of the program. This could be the issue where the audio file is damaged or your operating system is not reading it for some reason. 

VLC Media Player can convert unplayable video and audio files to a playable format. This method works if videos are not playing due to incompatible codecs. Follow the below steps:
Step 1: Launch VLC Player.
Step 2: Go to Media and select Convert/ Save.
Step 3: Click on Add to insert videos that need to be transcoded.
Step 4: Click Convert/ Save.
Step 5: In the Convert window that appears, provide the file name and location against the Destination file option.
Step 6: Select the desired input codec from the Profile list.
Step 7: You can choose the Edit Selected Profile button to change a specified profile settings. You can also create a new profile or delete any existing profile.
Step 8: Next, click Start in the Convert window.

20 minutes ago, n1x1 said:

Hi @nzot

After reading, the thing that stuck to me is that the audio file wasn't playable on the original and new version of the program. This could be the issue where the audio file is damaged or your operating system is not reading it for some reason. 

You've misunderstood the issue. The audio is playable (audible), it is simply not VISIBLE as an audio track in Photostage. So I can hear it just fine, I just can't make changes in Photostage to fix the incorrect repeat points.