Encoding Error

toffey

Running Express Burn Plus Demo (free). I can burn dvd video from .wmv with no problem. However, I get encoding error when trying to burn from .mpg file. Does purchased version take care of this or will it also give the same results.

Thanks much!!!

It will give you the same results. Just out of curiosity, are you able to convert the video using Prism? Also what version of Express Burn are you using?

You're probably going to have to try different codecs, and see which give you the best result out of Prism. If you've got the hard disk space, you could try converting to uncompressed video. I'm unsure why Express Burn isn't able to convert the video straight up.

Last night I converted from .mpg to .asi, MPG4 and MOV using PRISM. In each case the conversion was successful and I was able to play the resulting file with video and sound. I then tried to burn DVDs using Express Burn Plus Demo. In each case the encoding took place and a disk was burned. However, in each case all I got was sound and a black screen. I now have a stack of coasters. Any suggestions? What encoding methods should I be selecting? Thanks much.....

• 5 weeks later...
Running Express Burn Plus Demo (free). I can burn dvd video from .wmv with no problem. However, I get encoding error when trying to burn from .mpg file. Does purchased version take care of this or will it also give the same results.

Thanks much!!!

I was getting the same error and i thought it was becasue i had the free version. So silly me i went and purchased the PLus version and still got the error. :( But then I changed the Encoder settings from NTSC to PAL and the error went away.

Now i'm getting another error which i'll raise in another thread...