Maximum number of simultaneous calls

buddbrother

Assume that I have a VoIP service that allows an unlimited number of channels on its line.

When you register a VoIP line in IVM, you can set the "number of simultaneously calls allowed" to a maximum of 200.

My current license of IVM allows 3 lines. I have two VoIP lines but if I set them both to allow 2 simultaneous calls each, IVM says that I've exceeded my license (2+2=4). If this is the way that IVM counts the lines being used, that's fine. However, does this mean that the largest number of simultaneous calls permitted by IVM is 64 with the Enterprise edition?

What if I want to be able to allow 100 active calls or more, is that even possible? Why would you be able to set the number of calls to 200 on each line if most expensive license allows for a maximum of 64?

Thanks,

buddbrother

I think the reason is for limiting the number of lines is it just isn't really possible for a computer to support that number of concurrent calls without suffering severe losses in quality or simply crashing from the overloading processor or memory use.

The fact is, to support that many VoIP calls (up to 200 as you're suggesting) at once without problems would be nearly impossible without a dedicated internet connection rated at several (e.g. 24) mbit in speed/bandwidth and a computer with very fast processing speeds and lots of memory.

I believe that 64 is also the physical limit for the number of lines supported by analogue devices (although don't quote me on that).

Pythonpoole,

From the testing I've done, each call is using about 1/2 MB of RAM and 2-5% of my pretty lame processor. Also, in this theoretical system, internet bandwidth would not be an issue and there would be much more robust hardware in use than I have.

Given this and that 64 might be the limit for analogue devices, could IVM support more than that for VoIP? I may have to contact development for this.

Thanks!