Plugin problem in version 4.04

buddbrother

Hello.

I just installed version 4.04. I usually would wait until the bugs get worked out, but I was having trouble re-assigning variable values in 4.03.

It appears that this has been worked out in 4.04 because data entry variables can be changed now. However, I can no longer run my plugins! Before the update, plugins could be located anywhere, but now the help file says:

"save it in the IVM base folder C:\Program Files\NCH Swift Sound\IVM"

I tried this, but they still don't work! These are the same exact IVR program files, but now they don't work. It says run plugin: ..., but never returns a value!

If I could get some help, that would be great!

Hello,

I was trying version 4.04 yesterday and I had the same problem with the plugins. The same plugin works fine with the old version, but I dont get the return value when using the new version. I still don't know a workaround to this problem and I, too, would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this.

We've corrected the plugin issue, and should have variable overwriting done by wednesday xfingers.gif. If you would like to beta test this new version you will need to go through our support service to obtain a copy.

Update: Both issues have now been corrected and are working in the latest beta that was given to me. Version 4.05 of IVM has been sent off to the testers for a final check.

Update: Both issues have now been corrected and are working in the latest beta that was given to me. Version 4.05 of IVM has been sent off to the testers for a final check.

Please post instructions on how users of V4.04 on the trial can get the new release when it's ready.

IVM v4.05 will be uploaded onto our site over the weekend sometime, if not then early next week (or you can grab a copy here). We've tested it pretty extensively and I couldn't find anything wrong with it, but let us know if any issues do arise!

I've tried the new 4.05, but it still seems to have some problems. If I understand the syntax, ineturl.exe is suppose to grab a string returned from a website and parse it into variables. However, when the website returns a single variable, the value is not recorded by IVM. So, as a workaround, I have the website send two: "a=apple&d=dummy" which seems to work for the most part. However, I'm now experiencing cases where that fails as well, and I need to wrap the variable around two dummies: "d=dumb&a=apple&dd=dumber"

Anyone else encountering this? PS I got the 4.05 load per the previous post. And paid and registered the copy.

BTW, also using the string "&a=apple&b=beta" appears to work as a temporary fix, but I am cautious about using it since I think that having the inital "&" is non standard coding for a query string and may fail once the problem is fixed.