Linux (Ubuntu 7.10) and vPedal USB

andrewjorgensen

Hello, I am trying to get scribe for linux (native) working with a vPedal USB on Ubuntu 7.10.

The device shows up as a USB HID Joystick and gets handled by the joydev module. This creates a device node /dev/input/js0. Unfortunately it appears that scribe only looks for raw hiddev devices (/dev/hiddev0). Now I am working in the direction of forcing Linux to create a hiddev (and made some progress there) but I wondered if NCH ought rather to support jsdev input devices as well.

Or does someone know the solution to my problem with the vPedal USB?

What I've done so far is add quirks=0x04b4:0x5555:0x10 to the usbhid parameters. This forces it to create a hiddev device. It also still creates a jsdev device and I'm wondering if this is the problem.

Thanks in advance!

• 5 months later...
Hello, I am trying to get scribe for linux (native) working with a vPedal USB on Ubuntu 7.10.

The device shows up as a USB HID Joystick and gets handled by the joydev module. This creates a device node /dev/input/js0. Unfortunately it appears that scribe only looks for raw hiddev devices (/dev/hiddev0). Now I am working in the direction of forcing Linux to create a hiddev (and made some progress there) but I wondered if NCH ought rather to support jsdev input devices as well.

Or does someone know the solution to my problem with the vPedal USB?

What I've done so far is add quirks=0x04b4:0x5555:0x10 to the usbhid parameters. This forces it to create a hiddev device. It also still creates a jsdev device and I'm wondering if this is the problem.

Thanks in advance!

Did you ever get this working properly? I've just ordered an Infinity USB foot pedal for use with ES on Ubuntu 7.10 and I would like to know any problems in advance!

ChrisB

Did you ever get this working properly? I've just ordered an Infinity USB foot pedal for use with ES on Ubuntu 7.10 and I would like to know any problems in advance!

ChrisB

I was worrying for nothing - it worked fine and installed as a VEC Pedal USB.

I spoke too soon! The pedal works fine, but every time I power off my PC it forgets the settings and I have to set up the pedal again. Does anybody know where the settings are saved in the Linux ES? I think it might be a permissions issue.

ChrisB