DVD space query

Bazzer

I have just downloaded Express Burn and tried to use it for the first time (so I may be doing something stupid).

I have selected a two photos and a folder containing a few more photos.

When I press Burn DVD it says Already Burnt 0.06Mb and Total Used 5.84Mb and then fails saying 'the disk has a capacity of 0.6Mb and you are trying to write 5.9Mb, try fewer files or a larger disk. Why doesn't it recognise the disk as a 4.7GB disk - I have selected Data DVD?

Can you please provide some information on what DVD burner and disks you're using, and what version of Express Burn you're attempting to use. It's likely that your burner is responding in a way undefined by the standards and as such Express Burn is misinterpreting the messages received.

Can you please provide some information on what DVD burner and disks you're using, and what version of Express Burn you're attempting to use. It's likely that your burner is responding in a way undefined by the standards and as such Express Burn is misinterpreting the messages received.

My DVD writer is a LG GSA-H22N which handles all DVD formats, Express Burn is version 4.05 and I am using DVD-RW discs.

When you put a blank DVD into the drive, does it show the correct size? Try using a DVD-R and see if this works. You may be trying to add sessions to a DVD-RW and I'm not sure of the stability of this feature. Either way, I'll pass these details on to the developers for you.