Transfer if call if extension not available

ebrito

Hi Folks;

I'm new to IVM (just downloaded it a few days ago) and this is my first post in here.

The IVM is already setup with Axon 1.2 PBX and when somebody call me, they hear the menu fisrt and then, they can dial a number to be transfered.

The problem i'm founding is with that transfer.

If the person is not in his desk, the phone will keep ringing and ringing until the caller hangup.

What i'd like to do is make the fone ring for a few seconds and, if nobody answer, automatically transfer to a "menu" like:

"Not available ... press 1 for business hours, 2 to leave a message, 3 to main menu..."

Is that possible?

Hope somebody can help me.

Thanks in advance.

e.Brito

New Jersey / USA

Yes, this is possible.

In Axon, create an extension (or use one you already have and edit it) that incoming calls will ring to.

In the Voice Mail category, make sure you un-tick Use voice mail if not answered or busy

In the Transfer if Not Answered category, tick Transfer the call if not answered, and in the Transfer to Number: textbox, enter the extension that is set to go to your IVM interactive menu. (If you don't have an extension for this yet, simply enter an unused extension number and then create an extension after for your IVM menu later).

Then select a Time before transfer (seconds). The default (14 sec) should be fine.. also it may be important to keep it under 20 sec (explain why below).

If you want to have several extensions to ring when an incoming call comes in you will need to create a Group/Queue and then add the extension numbers you want to ring (make sure you include the extension you created above).

Note: If you do use multiple extensions and use the ring group method, you should make sure that either Voice Mail is turned off for all extensions in the group OR that the Time before transfer (seconds) is less than the time that Voice Mail kicks in for the other extensions (default 20 sec), otherwise callers may be directed to the voice mail system rather than the interactive menu.