Can WavePad edit file headers?

OmegaWolf747

I just found out that Win Vista detests WAV files made before 1995, which happen to be most of the free WAVs one finds online. I asked about this on another board and they said I need to open the WAVs in a WAV file editor and resave them to bring them up to snuff for Vista. So my question is simply, can WavePad do this?

Thank you.

I have not heard about this 1995 wave file issue, and I do believe someone is pulling your leg... The only issue with regards to wave files is related to the DSP Group TrueSpeech Codec, which has been included in Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, and XP, but it has not been included in Vista. If you need to work with this codec you'll need to find a source somewhere and install it, or alternatively use an older machine to convert your audio to another codec compatible with Vista. You can do this conversion using Switch.

I downloaded a codec pack for Vista from Major Geeks and installed it. The WAV file still wouldn't play, so I opened it in WavePad and resaved it. It now plays. So, thank you very much WavePad! I shall recommend it for when someone has sound troubles.