Special Processes

alibal

Wonderful addition to the latest version. However, why can the window not be minimised (or even dragged to the bottom of the screen) while it is doing its thing? It would be good to be able to get on with some other work while this is going on.

Also, although I have now learned from experience, when particularly the noise-reduction process is going on, the counter gets to what looks like finished and it looks like it has hung - no info to say it is still working. Sorting out these irritations would be much appreciated.

Thanks again for a great program!

The Express Scribe window can be minimised... Can you please elaborate on what you're trying to achieve with what window?

If you're referring to the Express Scribe Mini window, this is designed to always remain on top of all other windows. If you do not wish to have this, simply close this window (CTRL+M within Express Scribe).

The Express Scribe window can be minimised... Can you please elaborate on what you're trying to achieve with what window?

If you're referring to the Express Scribe Mini window, this is designed to always remain on top of all other windows. If you do not wish to have this, simply close this window (CTRL+M within Express Scribe).

Hi nchto,

Sorry, my query wasn't very clear! I mean when I am actually using one of the special processes, the ES main window will not minimise. When the 'processing' window is on top of the main window I mean. If you try it just blips to tell you to leave it alone until it has finished.

Thanks.

Hi nchto,

Sorry, my query wasn't very clear! I mean when I am actually using one of the special processes, the ES main window will not minimise. When the 'processing' window is on top of the main window I mean. If you try it just blips to tell you to leave it alone until it has finished.

Thanks.

I think that's pretty much true for any special processes on any program, not just NCH. If you want to "multitask" while ExpressScribe is performing a special process, then have a "Show Desktop" shortcut on your bottom taskbar, and click that. Any task that involves anything complicated will slow down, of course, while the Special Processes are doing their special processing, so anything that's not pretty simple will just have to wait. --krn

I think that's pretty much true for any special processes on any program, not just NCH. If you want to "multitask" while ExpressScribe is performing a special process, then have a "Show Desktop" shortcut on your bottom taskbar, and click that. Any task that involves anything complicated will slow down, of course, while the Special Processes are doing their special processing, so anything that's not pretty simple will just have to wait. --krn

Thanks so much for your reply, krn. I thought as much but I just wondered if there was a setting I had missed.