IVM one way audio

JoePublic

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum, and I've been for the past week or so testing out the trial version of IVM alongside the free Axon PBX.

Everthing is going just great, apart from one big issue.

I have a number of VoIP accounts which I've setup as external lines in Axon. All work, all ok. One of the providors requires that the options 'Always replay audio (only use if one direction audio lost)' and 'Prevent odd RTP ports being forwarded (only use if 50% of calls fail)' are set in Axon so that it works properly (audio both ways etc). Again, this is fine with Axon.

I have two 'public' external lines in Axon which ring an exentsion answered by IVM. However, only one of them works correctly. The one which doesn't work properly does not give audio to the person calling it. i.e. When someone rings that line, Axon passes that call to be answered by IVM, and although IVM does play the greetings the end user hears nothing.

I run my own SIP proxy on my local firewall, so I know that there is no routing issue (the proxy handles all of that) - at least no issue that I can possibly see. I know that all of my external lines work fully, with audio both ways, it's just this one line that causes the problem when it's set to be answered by IVM (the other one works fine, all the time). Thus this cannot be a configuration/firewall issue as one would usually suspect.

In fact I suspect that the issue is with IVM itself, as this does not have the configuration options 'Always replay audio (only use if one direction audio lost)' and 'Prevent odd RTP ports being forwarded (only use if 50% of calls fail)' for it's VoIP lines whereas Axon does. Has anyone ran into this issue before ?

Cheers ;)

Hi,

I think I figured out the issue. The problem actually appears to be with Axon itself, rather than IVM, and seems to have nothing to do with the SIP provider I'm using. Basically, if I set an external line to ring on a group (rather than a single extension) then this dropout/one way audio occurs regardless of which external line I ring in on.

I'm using Axon 1.20, and I suppose this should be considered as a bug. Just thought I'd mention it here in case anyone else runs into this issue. ;)

• 1 year later...