Can't get "Amplify" to work on WavePad

choctaw111

I am trying to increase the decibel level of a WAV file audio clip and used the Amplify option under the Effects drop down menu. When I do this the program does not change the volume, or decibel level at all. WavePad automatically selects the entire clip for the change (which is fine) and when I click on the change to take effect it plays through the clip but no change to the volume level has taken place. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to get this feature to work properly? Thanks in advance.

I am trying to increase the decibel level of a WAV file audio clip and used the Amplify option under the Effects drop down menu. When I do this the program does not change the volume, or decibel level at all. WavePad automatically selects the entire clip for the change (which is fine) and when I click on the change to take effect it plays through the clip but no change to the volume level has taken place. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to get this feature to work properly? Thanks in advance.

===========================================

When you click on "amplify" in the effects drop-down menu, you are supposed to get a small dialog box that asks you to enter the amount of amplification that you desire, expressed as a percent increase or decrease. You enter your percentage of increase or decrease and then click OK to make the change.

Do you get this auxiliary dialogue box?

If you do not, then I suspect that you may be using the free version of WavePad, which has certain features disabled (amplification may be one of them). I am using the registered (paid-for) version, which has all of the designed-in features enabled; hence I do not know what is missing from the free version and cannot advise you beyond what I have said above.

Musikone

• 15 years later...
  • 5 months later...