Scratchy Pop at end of track when burned to CD

LarryD

I took a 4 min piece of music and cut it down to 1 minute in WP. It plays fine on the PC. I then used Express Burn and burned it to CD in CD audio format. When played back on the PC it plays OK.

However, when played on any external CD player there's a loud scratch pop at the end of the tract! I've edited the file twice and burned it twice with the same problem.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of the pop - it for a public dance performance.

Thanks!

Larry

Are you certain it is not an issue with the standalone CD player? It playing fine on your computer suggests this. Have you tried another standalone? Express Burn 4.05 will be on the website shortly if you wish to try this new version which possible addresses some of the issues you were experiencing.

Are you certain it is not an issue with the standalone CD player? It playing fine on your computer suggests this. Have you tried another standalone? Express Burn 4.05 will be on the website shortly if you wish to try this new version which possible addresses some of the issues you were experiencing.

Thanks - I've tried it one 3 or 4 different CD players so I know that it's not the CD player itself.

It's strange that it doesn't occur when using the PC to play the file but it does on the standalone. A workaround could perhaps simply create an additional blank track at the end of the CD (or simply add some blank audio at the end of the last track) so that you have some time to pause/stop the CD before it creates the scratch/pop sound.