Lost Recordings

helenpolice

Please Help !! We are a lawenforcement agency and we are currently using the VRS Recording Software. This week we had something odd happen with the program it would not save the recordings in the specified folder. So we have had five days of no recordings being saved. My first question, is there any way to recover the recordings that were done and not saved?

My second question, can the software be setup to send an email when it encounters an error? We do not typically go into the computer room on a daily basis so unfortunately the error wasn't caught for 4 1/2 days.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

hpd

Why were the recordings not saved? If the disk was full then there is probably no way to recover these lost files. Have a look in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NCH Swift Sound\. I'll pass your comments on about the email sending.

The recording were being saved in the recordings folder but for some reason the folder would not allow any more data to be written to it. We have a 500 gb hard drive with only 15 gb being used at this time. The only way I could get it to continue to record again was to create a new recordings folder and rename the Old recordings folder. I am not sure why this happened unless Windows XP has file size limitation that I may not be familiar with.

Any help or suggestion as to why this may have happened would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

hpd

The recording were being saved in the recordings folder but for some reason the folder would not allow any more data to be written to it. We have a 500 gb hard drive with only 15 gb being used at this time. The only way I could get it to continue to record again was to create a new recordings folder and rename the Old recordings folder. I am not sure why this happened unless Windows XP has file size limitation that I may not be familiar with.

Any help or suggestion as to why this may have happened would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

hpd

Under XP,

Was it a shared folder?

Who owns the folder?

If you were sharing a folder, and you don't own it, any admin can turn off sharing and you can't save to it.

That is by design.

Be sure you are saving to a folder you own.

Then copy to a shared folder in a "Publish" step.

Assuming that is what you want to do.

I don't recall XP having a disk space allocation like Linux/Unix.

Under XP,

Was it a shared folder?

Who owns the folder?

If you were sharing a folder, and you don't own it, any admin can turn off sharing and you can't save to it.

That is by design.

Be sure you are saving to a folder you own.

Then copy to a shared folder in a "Publish" step.

Assuming that is what you want to do.

I don't recall XP having a disk space allocation like Linux/Unix.

Sorry, there IS a way to enable Disk Quotas.

It applies to NTFS volumes

Not FAT or FAT 32.

I have both kinds.

see:

http://www.lockergnome.com/nexus/windows/2...-in-windows-xp/