Very Basic Starting Question

diannone

I just downloaded the demo versiion of Express Scribe. I have tried to find the answer in the manual, but cannot. I am trying to convert an audio CD to MS Word text. My question is this: Does the actual transcription occur on my computer or must the loaded audio file be sent to NCH or another firm that does transcriptions? I know this is very basic, but I am just starting down this path. If the transcription occurs on my computer, how do I make that happen? Thanks so much.

I just downloaded the demo versiion of Express Scribe. I have tried to find the answer in the manual, but cannot. I am trying to convert an audio CD to MS Word text. My question is this: Does the actual transcription occur on my computer or must the loaded audio file be sent to NCH or another firm that does transcriptions? I know this is very basic, but I am just starting down this path. If the transcription occurs on my computer, how do I make that happen? Thanks so much.

Hi Don Iannone,

If I understand your question correctly, I am afraid the bad news is you have to transcribe it yourself! Express Scribe is a tool for playing audio files, including CDs, and then you listen and type into e.g. MS Word. If you are unable to do this yourself, then you can ask a transcription company to do it for you but that is nothing to do with Express Scribe. You just send the CD to a transcriber. Good luck!