Address - ExpressTalk

chisar

I'm using the ExpressTalk basic edition for Mac OS X;

I note that when I want to add a new contact in the address form, the e-mail address is requested in any case, otherwise it's not possible to add the new contact;

how can I solve this problem ?

Thanks

I'm not sure if I really understood your question, but I gather you want to put in a real address instead of an e-mail address, because the program does let you add contacts with no e-mail address (at least in the Windows version).

Anyway, if you simply put @.co on the end of the e-mail address field, it will accept it, regardless of the characters in front of it (even spaces are accepted).

I'm not sure if I really understood your question, but I gather you want to put in a real address instead of an e-mail address, because the program does let you add contacts with no e-mail address (at least in the Windows version).

Anyway, if you simply put @.co on the end of the e-mail address field, it will accept it, regardless of the characters in front of it (even spaces are accepted).

thanks, but it doesn't work: no spaces are accepted

You'll have to contact NCH about this then... I guess the programmers who ported the software over to Mac OS assumed that an e-mail address should be required and should have strict validation.

I guess the only other thing you can do is put addresses in like

123_My_Street_Lane@a.com

or something to that effect.