PBX integration questions

Joecrew

I currently have a Toshiba PBX system (non-VOIP) that is connected to an external "Amanda" voice mail system. My current VM systems is having problems and I am looking at IVM as a possible solution. My problem is setting it up to test how it will work on my PBX. I have 4 analog ports on the PBX that handle all voice mail. All my extensions (90+) are configured to transfer to one of these ports (if any are free) if there is a busy/no answer at the extension. The current system uses a 91xxx (where xxx is the extension) to indicate a leave message command and an 92xxx when to retrieve message (access the mailbox).

I haven't been able to find how to configure IVM for this role. I have connected it to a spare analog port on my PBX. I can call that number and I can get the default OGM. Then I configured one of my other extension to transfer to this port on a busy/no answer but I have not been able to figure out how to configure IVM to not play a greetingand just listen for the DTML tones and route to a VM box that I created.

Also is there a way to use the call simulator to call the IVM and be able to input the DTML that the PBX would be sending to test out various calling patterns.

Thanks for any help anyone can give,

Joe S.

Unless the DTML tones are the frequencies of digits 0-9 # and *, it will be much more difficult to accomplish this.

You can setup IVM to listen for input (e.g. set to accept 4 digits) and then based on the DTMF tones it receives from the Analogue PBX perform some sort of action..

If the tones are not the standard DTMF telephone keypad tones (0-9 # and *) then you will need to have IVM record a message/wav when the PBX calls in, then create a plugin application that can analyze the audio file and decode the tones, and then return the variable value to IVM.

Unless the DTML tones are the frequencies of digits 0-9 # and *, it will be much more difficult to accomplish this.

You can setup IVM to listen for input (e.g. set to accept 4 digits) and then based on the DTMF tones it receives from the Analogue PBX perform some sort of action..

If the tones are not the standard DTMF telephone keypad tones (0-9 # and *) then you will need to have IVM record a message/wav when the PBX calls in, then create a plugin application that can analyze the audio file and decode the tones, and then return the variable value to IVM.

Yes I can program the PBX to send any DTMF tones I need and I see them being heard on the IVM screen, but now it appears that they are not being put in the variable so as to route to the test mailbox I have set up. It just plays the default message like it never recieved any input. I have tried several different combinations of DTMF input and IVM configurations but I must be missing something. My test is to call my PBX and transfer my Busy/No ANswer to the VM port with the ext # 399 as the DTMF tones. IVM picks up, i see the 399 as being input but it goes to the default message and not to the 399 mailbox.

any ideas

Joe S.

To set this up, create an OGM that has a Key Response -> Data entry set up. Then set it to only accept a maximum of 4 digits for example. This will wait for 4 dtmf tones and then automatically forward to the OGM listed in the "# OR END# field. Save it to a variable like msgext

In the second OGM (one set up in "# OR END#"), use the "Leave Message For Mailbox action" and in the mailbox name pulldown menu, manually type the variable like so: %msgext%

The result: IVM answers the phone, waits for 4 digits (the mailbox number) and then tries to leave a voice mail message for the mailbox with that number as its name.

To set this up, create an OGM that has a Key Response -> Data entry set up. Then set it to only accept a maximum of 4 digits for example. This will wait for 4 dtmf phones and then automatically forward to the OGM listed in the "# OR END# field. Save it to a variable like msgext

In the second OGM (one set up in "# OR END#"), use the "Leave Message For Mailbox action" and in the mailbox name pulldown menu, manually type the variable like so: %msgext%

The result: IVM answers the phone, waits for 4 digits (the mailbox number) and then tries to leave a voice mail message for the mailbox with that number as its name.

Thank you, I believe i have it working now. :rolleyes: