moving voice files from mydocs to Express Scribe

Kathy D

I am just getting my first client after going digital. How do I move the voice files that the doctor uploads from mydocs into the Express Scribe software? Can this be done automatically? Thanks. Kathy

I would strongly suggest you look through the manual, and play around with the functions to familiarize yourself with the workings of Express Scribe. That said, I don't use any of the automatic loading either from internet or files on my hard drive. To manually get files from My Docs or any folder, use "Load Dictation File" and follow the path to MyDocs or whatever folder you use, and then click on the file you want to load.

The manual has instructions for automatically loading new files, but it has to know it's new: that is, if you delete a file from Scribe when you're finished--as I do since Scribe copies the file as a wav format, which takes up a lot of disk space, then the next time Scribe goes to look for "new files," say in MyDocs, the old one will be considered "new." So, you would have to move the completed file from MyDocs to some other folder or backup. I don't think it's worth the trouble, since manually loading takes so little time, unless you have a large number of smaller files to load each day, or if you are loading from an ftp site as the manual describes.

Good luck. KRN