Fails to burn

Kozielec

I am using a clean CD-R disc and this is about the 4th different burning program that has failed. My burner is fairly old, I don't know the specifics, and I am running on Windows 2000, I get an error saying it is unable to write the disc and it ejects the CD.

Help?

I am using a clean CD-R disc and this is about the 4th different burning program that has failed. My burner is fairly old, I don't know the specifics, and I am running on Windows 2000, I get an error saying it is unable to write the disc and it ejects the CD.

Help?

It may help to get the specifics, which you should be able to get from the System/Hardware/DeviceManager/CD-DVD on Control Panel (every Windows version I've ever used has had this option to check out what hardware the Operating System, the Windows, is running or recognizes).

Is the CD-R disc formatted? Have you cleaned the drive lately?

Answering these questions first might help, it's often not the software but the hardware that needs some tlc.

If you've tried four different programs, and none of them work it's highly likely that you're burner is broken. If you're unable to get it working I suggest you try a different burner and see if you have any luck with this one.