file won't stop playing

su1953

I've have run the foot pedal setup many times, but the problem is not resolved.

I'll be transcribing in Word as usual without any problems. At any point, I'll lift my foot from the pedal, but the voice file will keep playing. I can tap the foot pedal over and over aGain, but it doesn't stop the voice file. I have to switch over to Express Scribe and manually (F4) stop the voice file. This is extremely annoying and I would appreciate any solution to the problem.

• 2 weeks later...
I've have run the foot pedal setup many times, but the problem is not resolved.

I'll be transcribing in Word as usual without any problems. At any point, I'll lift my foot from the pedal, but the voice file will keep playing. I can tap the foot pedal over and over aGain, but it doesn't stop the voice file. I have to switch over to Express Scribe and manually (F4) stop the voice file. This is extremely annoying and I would appreciate any solution to the problem.

What type of pedal are you using? Does the playback start when you press the play pedal or do you have to start manually?

Sounds similar to the problem I am having with a serial pedal.

How are you guys using the pedal? just keep it pressed till you want it to stop or tapping it to start and tapping it to stop?

I've tried both ways. As soon as you touch the play button it fast forwards! I've tried it with and without the "tap" option set.