[Same as source file] option

CA-Mark

I just purchased the latest version of Swift 1.24 on my Vista machine and I can't seem to get Swift to automatically return my converted files (WMA to MP3) to the source folder.

I looked up the support info and found:

P. How do I select the output folder to be the same as the source folder

From the application interface you can choose [same as source file] from the Output dropdown box.

I don't have "[same as source file]" in the Output dropdown box and when I manually put it there I get an error message: "You do not have the required permission to write to the specified output directory".

Any help would be greatly appriciated!

I just purchased the latest version of Swift 1.24 on my Vista machine and I can't seem to get Swift to automatically return my converted files (WMA to MP3) to the source folder.

I looked up the support info and found:

P. How do I select the output folder to be the same as the source folder

From the application interface you can choose [same as source file] from the Output dropdown box.

I don't have "[same as source file]" in the Output dropdown box and when I manually put it there I get an error message: "You do not have the required permission to write to the specified output directory".

Any help would be greatly appriciated!

What is the folder that you are trying to write to? Make sure that you have write permissions on the folder that you are trying to write too.

What is the folder that you are trying to write to? Make sure that you have write permissions on the folder that you are trying to write too.

NCHer, thanks for your quick response.

Because there was nothing in the Output Folder drop down window I tried a number of things... I typed in manually: "[same as source file]" and "C:\Users\Mark.MARK-PC\Music\[same as source file]" of which I would have thought it would have tried to write into C:\Users\Mark.MARK-PC\Music\ folder where I keep all my music. I have not had issues writing to this folder.

I am thinking that the software is trying to write to a folder called: "[same as source file]" which is not a valid folder.

Can you confirm that the drop down box should have "[same as source file]" as an option?

Thanks again!

NCHer, thanks for your quick response.

Because there was nothing in the Output Folder drop down window I tried a number of things... I typed in manually: "[same as source file]" and "C:\Users\Mark.MARK-PC\Music\[same as source file]" of which I would have thought it would have tried to write into C:\Users\Mark.MARK-PC\Music\ folder where I keep all my music. I have not had issues writing to this folder.

I am thinking that the software is trying to write to a folder called: "[same as source file]" which is not a valid folder.

Can you confirm that the drop down box should have "[same as source file]" as an option?

Thanks again!

================================================================================

Where have you people been?

This subject has already been discussed, and was answered by NCH (the old guy, not ncher, the new guy). The answer which was given, by one who apparently knew what was going on, is that NCH software currently _does not have any answer to this problem, because there is some "structural" difficulty in the programming code_. This discussion ended with the NCH person saying saying that the fix for this problem would probably be introduced in the next release of the software. This discussion may have been in the WavePad forum, rather than in the Switch forum. However, the same thing applies in both pieces of software.

Musikone

(and much, much more!)

• 2 weeks later...

The "[same as source file]" was removed from the newer versions of Switch because it did not function correctly and caused the program to behave erratically. You must now directly specify the output folder.

• 2 months later...
The "[same as source file]" was removed from the newer versions of Switch because it did not function correctly and caused the program to behave erratically. You must now directly specify the output folder.

Is there a way to download the older versions? I don't need the newer version and have a registration.

Is there a way to download the older versions? I don't need the newer version and have a registration.

====================================================

Perhaps nchto means that this option _never worked properly in those older versions_, and once again failed to work properly when a disappointing programming "fix" was incorporated within the newer version.

A minute possibility, of course......

In which case you would not be any better off by reverting to an older version :-(

Musikone

• 1 month later...

Due to popular demand, the feature is back in! Have a look at the latest version of Switch available from our site to see it in action.