'Symbol' and 'Tools'

Hello everyone. I am a longtime Finale user and am currently exploring alternative composer software including Crescendo Music Notation software. I see that a wide array of notation styles and types are supported by the NCH alternative. 

I find Crescendo to be lacking the 'Symbol' and 'Tools' functionality so important to Finale users. In Finale, any character in any font can be programmed-in as a custom symbol that carries meaning and that can be re-used. This is very important for not only music-composition and arranging, but also for purposes of music analysis and preparation of instructional aids. Symbols in Finale can be either positioned arbitrarily on the sheet, or the position can be defined in connection to meter. Symbols can be attached to specific notes and measures so that they retain their meaning even as the staff and page layout is altered.

'Tools': I am used to having a 'Tools' menu that can be extended by 3rd parties to facilitate arrangement and transcription functionality, range-checking, slurs and note-shapes, and so forth. 

(I am running Crescendo on Windows 7 x64); I was wondering if significant further development was planned for Crescendo the features I am describing are a priority for future releases. 

Thanks!

Crescendo IS INTUITIVE.  Unfortunately, I am not the smartest.  I failed to be able to get Finale to score a single not for me.  I was able, in less than a day, to score a complete song, for piano and voice, using Crescendo.  So, something with so many bells and whistles that I can't use it, or a very good product that covers 90 percent?