Can't set WAV file under file settings

shayndel

Hello-

I go into settings and file types and click WAV files as one of the file types for Express Scribe to play, and then click OK. The screen goes back to the list of files to type.

However, when I go back into settings and file types, WAV file is not checked. No matter how many times I check it, the next time I open it, the check has disappeared.

Any ideas???

Thanks-

You're referring to the "Use Express Scribe to open these file types" section correct? You select .wav and then press OK, but when you open the settings up again it isn't selected? It may be that you do not have enough permissions on the computer you are using to change the default program associated with that file type, or that another program is open and monitors these and sets it to itself if it detects it being changed. What is your current default program to open .wav files? If you are using the same folder to load files from, you can simply use the "Incoming" folder setting to scan this folder and load the files no matter what the default program is.