Switch version 1.24

musikone

Just a minor bug fix:

[*]Conversions to wav were only being converted using 8 bps regardless of the setting

=========================================================

I would respectfully disagree with your characterization of this lightning-fast release of a new version of Switch as simply a "minor" bug fix. If "minor" refers to the relative frequency of such conversations, then I agree with you. After all, what percentage of sound file conversions are _to_ a .wav format, as opposed to conversions _from_ a .wav format? Most such conversions are undoubtedly to an .mp3 format.

On the other hand, if a conversion to .wav were, for example, to be at a sample rate of 8 kbps instead of a desired sample rate of 44.1 kbps, this result would be no more than an aggravation-- if it could be corrected. However, if not correctable (as you indicate) by any setting of the supplied encoder options, then it would indeed be of "major" consequence. In view of this fact, I can well understand the alacrity with which this "minor" bug fix to v1.24 appeared.

As a workaround to this particular problem with pre-1.24 versions of Switch, it can be argued that the conversion of any supported sound file _to_ a .wav file can be accomplished simply by opening it with WavePad and then saving it as a .wav file (thus sidestepping the dreaded conversion to a .wav file using an earlier version of Switch). Nevertheless, I have just upgraded to v1.24.

Now I won't have to remember what _not_ to do :-)

musikone