Help with Auto Click/Pop Restoration!!!!

music2012

I was wondering if someone can help me. I have this piano piece I recorded and it has a slight static type sound in a few spots of the recording. I have tried the Auto Click/Pop Restoration at about 700ms and the sensitivity at about 70 and noticed a very slight improvement. These static type sounds are less than a second but I need to eliminate them to get this song to a nice level for a cd. I also noticed when I boosted the click sensitivity to 71 then it was taking a very long time for editing and I couldn't wait or I thought there was a problem. Does anybody have any advice with this?....I would appracite it and thanks.......music2012

I was wondering if someone can help me. I have this piano piece I recorded and it has a slight static type sound in a few spots of the recording. I have tried the Auto Click/Pop Restoration at about 700ms and the sensitivity at about 70 and noticed a very slight improvement. These static type sounds are less than a second but I need to eliminate them to get this song to a nice level for a cd. I also noticed when I boosted the click sensitivity to 71 then it was taking a very long time for editing and I couldn't wait or I thought there was a problem. Does anybody have any advice with this?....I would appracite it and thanks.......music2012

==========================

Use _manual_ removal of clicks, pops, etc. The automatic method, while it has a nice ring to it (implying that the user can sit back and let the software do the hard work), seldom provides much, if any, improvement. In fact, it is one of those little white lies that become necessary in a competitive business environment. It is included in the WavePad editor in order to compete with other sound editing software which claims wonderful and marvelous things--automatically. Sorry about that. So dig in and learn the nuts and bolts of a manual attack upon the problem; but be aware that, even after you learn how this is done, in principle, you may still not get a very satisfactory result. This is the nature of the beast; color it gray, not black or white....

musikone

(who has been there)