I can hear my voice played back to me, but the mic level meter isn't moving.

Afterglow

When I speak into my microphone with Preview turned on, I can hear my voice (my regular voice) played back to me, and yet the mic level meter is empty, as if the app can't detect my mic's signal. That doesn't make sense that it can't detect it though, since it IS playing it back to me. 

I've tried changing my recording device in options, that's set correctly. I've tried opening windows record mixer to toggle "listen to this device." 

BTW, the app was working fine yesterday, and I haven't changed things since, aside from installing VB-cable, which is not currently being selected in options.

The log reads:

Voxal has started correctly.

Voxal is running in Normal Mode. You can set Voxal back to Safe Mode in the options dialog.

If your audio application (eg. Skype) has already started, Voxal should be applying live changes now.

If you want to apply voice effects to files, you can use the process file tool or drag and drop files onto the main area.

If you just want to test the selected voice, then click the 'Preview' button

Voxal is starting in preview mode...

Voxal is unable to detect an audio stream.

Please check that your audio devices are selected correctly by clicking on the options button.

If this problem keeps occurring, your microphone may not be compatible with Voxal.

Please read the help documentation for further information.

Voxal is waiting for an application to use the microphone.