What happens if I leave some linked accounts blank?

I'm evaluating Express Accounts as a platform to use for a business we are starting. It is real estate wholesaling which is a pretty simple chart of accounts. When I am setting up the chart of accounts, it is asking me to complete a linked account table. The issue is that we won't have AP, AR, freight receipts or payments, or sales tax payable, etc. Do I have to create accounts I will not be using or can I leave those linked account lines blank? Is there any issue with that other than not being able to create customer invoices or vender purchases?

Michael

• 6 months later...

When I started my business, I faced a similar situation with setting up the chart of accounts. It's common to encounter fields for linked accounts that may not be relevant to your operations. Generally, you can leave those fields blank if you won't be using accounts like AP, AR, freight receipts, or sales tax payable. However, this may limit your ability to create customer invoices or vendor purchases within the platform.

Additionally, as your business grows, integrating various tools can be crucial. I found the article https://ventor.tech/warehouse-management/how-to-connect-a-barcode-scanner-with-odoo/ extremely helpful. Even if you’re not dealing with inventory now, this guide provides insight into enhancing operational efficiency and could be valuable as your business evolves.