wavepad free -vs- master/professional edition

Davi3d

I've used the free version for a while and am pleased with nearly all aspects of its performance, but there is one area wherein I am looking for an improvement. Can anyone tell me if the professional version executes any faster than the free version? The free version runs at a snail's pace, taking a very long time to load an MP3 file for editing. Most files I edit are in the 25-50Mb range. Once loaded, the performance is fine. It is on initial load and to a somewhat lesser extent, save, where the glacial pace of execution is most noticed.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,

David

Guest nchto

Both programs would run at the same speed as they both have the same underlying code base. The time taken is likely that needed to uncompress your mp3 files. You can speed this up by running Switch in the background to convert the mp3s you need to edit to wav before loading. This should speed up your load times.

Both programs would run at the same speed as they both have the same underlying code base. The time taken is likely that needed to uncompress your mp3 files. You can speed this up by running Switch in the background to convert the mp3s you need to edit to wav before loading. This should speed up your load times.

Thank you, I'll try that.

• 4 weeks later...

On returning to the free edition of WavePad after a while, I get a window pop-up stating my trial version had expired! I can't cancel this and continue with my "free" version. So is it really free or just free to try? I quite like WavePad and might well consider the upgrade but I don't take kindly to being duped by a so called free version. So what's the truth of it..is it free of expiry date or not?

Miklos

The free version doesn't get all the effects of the Masters versions. The trial of the Masters version has full features but then gives the screen you're seeing now. It seems that you downloaded the 14 day free trial version by mistake.