v4.14--Foot Pedal and Speed Problems

Sheryl Chomak

I recently downloaded v4.14 because I thought it was supposed to be able to slow the file speed without changing the pitch. Unfortunately, I forgot to set a restore point.

1) When I use my rewind pedal, my MS Word window deactivates and I have to click in it or use ALT-TAB to make it active again.

2) When I use the pedal wizard to reinstall the pedal and I press the rewind pedal, the program tells me to release the pedal when I've already released it. Then if I close and restart the pedal wizard it works, but it never seems to work the first time.

3) When I slow down the speed, the pitch DOES change.

4) I'd like to just go back to v4.10, but I can't find anywhere to download it.

Any help with any of the above would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sheryl

Here's some more information on problem #1, which may be a bug.

1. I have assigned in ES the function keys F5 and F6 to maximize and minimize the ES window, respectively. If I minimize ES using F6, the Windows Task Manager shows that ES is no longer running, and ES does not show on the task bar. Despite this, ES is still functioning, however using the rewind pedal will cause the MS Word window to deactivate.

2. If I minimize ES using the minimize button on the ES window, everything works correctly. ES shows on the task bar, Task Manager shows that it is still running, and using the rewind pedal does not cause the MS Word window to deactivate.

This problem did not occur with ES v4.10. I was able to use the same assigned function keys to minimize and maximize without any problems.

Guest nchto

Thanks for that, I can confirm that this is a minor issue with v4.14. It will be corrected with the next release of Express Scribe.