Loading files from My Documents or Desktop

DawnW

I am trying to load a dictation filed that I had, which was a streaming MP3 file, at least I think that is what it would be called. Sorry, I'm not good at this stuff. I somehow managed to copy it and put it on my Desktop and in My Documents, but I can't figure out how to load it into Express Scribe so I can use my foot pedal to transcribe it. When I go into My Documents it shows that it is there and it also shows it on the Desktop, but when I go to load it in Express Scribe and search those two spots, it doesn't show it as being there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

DawnW

Guest nchto

Right click on the file and select properties. Up the top there should be an entry called "Type of file:". This should tell you exactly what kind of file it is.

If it doesn't show up in Express Scribe when you browse for it this suggests that it isn't recognising the file format. You can try dragging this file directly into the Express Scribe window and see if it loads this way. Alternatively try opening the file with Switch, and then convert it into a .wav (or .mp3 file).

Right click on the file and select properties. Up the top there should be an entry called "Type of file:". This should tell you exactly what kind of file it is.

If it doesn't show up in Express Scribe when you browse for it this suggests that it isn't recognising the file format. You can try dragging this file directly into the Express Scribe window and see if it loads this way. Alternatively try opening the file with Switch, and then convert it into a .wav (or .mp3 file).