Express Sribe won't play on Mac OS X 10.4.10

samuel.madeira

Unfortunatel, Express Scribe won't play on this Mac OS X 10.4.10 system. I have checked all the "HELP" info on Apple Support and Express Scribe much to no benefit. I have also called Apple Support and they can't help since it is third party software. If anyone knows how to get this to work. I have changed the HZ so they are the right level and all that... didn't fix the problem. I have DL the software multiple times to see if there was an error when DL-ing. Anyhow, please let me know if you can help.

Thanks for your time.

Guest nchto

What's the actual problem you are experiencing? (What do you think isn't working?) Does the default message play correctly? What format are you trying to load into Express Scribe.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem. Here are my symptoms:

Express Scribe loads without any problems. I browse to a folder, get a list of files. Click on a supported filetype. No matter what kind of file I pick, I cannot get the file to *play*.

I have tried mp3, wav, aiff, aif.

I am able to write in the text box below, and to scrub the audio playhead (this updates the timecode in the menubar and in the application). I can also scrub the speed scrollbar, but it doesn't help anything.

When I click play, the play button goes gray (seems like this is the selected state). It stays gray, but the playhead does not advance. No sound comes out obviously.

I am running Express Scribe 4.05 on Mac OS X version 10.4.10.

Thanks for any help that you can provide.