Plugin did not return before OGM finished playing - aborting plugin

DeBercy

Hi!

IVM only works sometimes with my plugin. The plugin was toroughly tested and functions well outside IVM. However, every now and then IVM throws this message "Plugin did not return before OGM finished playing - aborting plugin." What's causing this issue? This seems to happen when I change the way I invoke the OGM that runs the plugin. Sometimes, the OGM that's expecting input from the plugin runs before the plugin returns, and when I switch things around, they still don't work properly. Any help solving this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

D

It simply means the plug-in took too long to execute, perform an action and return the necessary information.

There is a simple rule that the plug-in must return something before the OGM finishes otherwise it times out. The simple solution is to make the OGM longer to ensure the plug-in always finishes returning before the OGM is complete. For example, instead of having just a blank OGM, perhaps play a message (eg One moment please while we process your request) or even 2-3 seconds of a blank audio file to give the plug-in a bit more time.