Is it possible to put two voices in one system?

Hendrik

Good day,

Is it possible to put two voices in one system? I can't do it because apparently a conflict occurs when two different notes are sung.

So if voice 1 sings a half note and voice 2 sings a 1/4 note at the same time I cannot put these together as notes.

Yes and no.  Lets talk about one bar, and one voice only, four quarter notes, on E, set to piano.  "ding, ding, ding, ding"

Use the "meni" and "voices" a pil-down carrot of menu, to select "voice 2"

Now, you are ready to add what WOULD be Voice 2, and let think of this as a guitar playing eighth notes on D, "ding-ding, ding-ding, ding-ding, ding-ding"

At this point you have two problems that I will try to show below 

As it uses quarter notes,

Voice 1 "ding, ding, ding, ding"                                          does not support the structure that the eighth note driven

Voice 2 "ding-ding, ding-ding, ding-ding, ding-ding"      requires.  

This is easy to fix within a short bar or two passage.

Change Voice 1 from quarter notes to "tied" dual eighth notes thus the REVISED VOICE 1

Voice 1  (r)  "di tied ng, di tied ng, di tied ng, di tied ng"     will sound the same as before, but using eighth notes supports the OLD VOICE TWO 

Voice 2 (o) "ding-ding, ding-ding, ding-ding, ding-ding"     

HOWEVER, written on the same bar, they will only have ONE VOICE

To make Voice 2 a different instrument, you need to insert a separate staff for this second voice.  I have a score with two separated voices.  Message me and I might be able to share it as a Crescendo file and as a PDF