VOLTA SETUP STILL BROKEN

robertLang

I see  reports of the VOLTA not working from FIVE YEARS AGO.  STILL BROKEN.  Wish I could share my file with the forum so you can see what I have and how it does not work.

I will try to describe it here.  Song starts, has "typical" repeats.  All goes well.  We go back to the sign, go to coda, and four bars from the end I want to play through three bars, hit volta to replay the three bars to hit volta again, to play just the same three bars and drop past volta to final four bars.

Think of singing this, melody rising so this is written out, not repeated using begin repeat, end repeat, and a volta to instigate additional repeats] ... We can play.....  WE can play.....  We can play... [and now, start final repeat singing...]  "the song... woe woah, we can play" [go back to the song]  "the song... woe woah, we can play" [go back to the song] "the song... woe woah.// [and go to final four bars which is guitar only, no singing.]

I have to use volta 1 and then copy this and name it volta 2, to make it repeat.  If I make it a volta singular labels 1.,2., the repeat fails.  If I make the volta 1.,2.,3.  I get three passes complete thus one extra repeat.

THere is a counter someplace NOT resetting.