URGENT! No sound after recording

viewer

I recorded my music fine, but can't hear a thing on the recorder or main playback in Wavepad. I still can't hear anything even when I play the record in another media player (eg. winamp, windows media player). The waves look small and increasing the amplitude doesn't help, plus it makes the static louder. Here's my settings:

Wavepad Settings:

sample rate: 44100

channels: stereo (dual)

record device: ESS1969

Windows Record Mixer

playback device: ESS1969

advanced record options: AutoTrim Recording

threshold: -24dB

recording control: mixer device: ESS1969

(everthing's at max volume)

playback control: mixer device: ESS1969

(everything's at max volume)

Computer Settings:

recording control: mixer device: ESS1969

(everthing's at max volume)

playback control: mixer device: ESS1969

(everything's at max volume)

Help please. I need to know how to fix this problem ASAP! Thanks.

Guest Guest_viewer_*
Try to untick the Voice Activated Recording option.

The Voice Activated Recording is turned off and the Auto Trim is on at -24dB, but I still can't hear anything. All I hear is static and all I can seem to save is static.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
The Voice Activated Recording is turned off and the Auto Trim is on at -24dB, but I still can't hear anything. All I hear is static and all I can seem to save is static.

• 2 months later...

You may want to check you Volume Control (there are two controls, one for playback and one for record). The correct setting is needed for the program to receive the sound you desire to record. I had this problem with another software program - file recorded but no sound - had to check the WAVE sound box and uncheck the LINE In box. I forgot I had plugged a device into the sound card.

Guest Belpertc
Try to untick the Voice Activated Recording option.

How do I untick the voice activated recording option?? :(

Generally they are excellent to work with and so easy to use. :)

I have Wavepad Masters Edition and Record Pad Sound Recorder and find that when I record some voices with low sounding intro it gets missed in recording, and often endings cut short of the full words spoken.

I have the setting at -40db and still have problems, but its not a criticism of the software but I do need to create high and low sounds for expression.

:D

belpertc

Click Record to open the Record Control Window.

Click on the button Advanced Record Options and you should see the option in this window

How do I untick the voice activated recording option?? :(

Generally they are excellent to work with and so easy to use. :)

I have Wavepad Masters Edition and Record Pad Sound Recorder and find that when I record some voices with low sounding intro it gets missed in recording, and often endings cut short of the full words spoken.

I have the setting at -40db and still have problems, but its not a criticism of the software but I do need to create  high and low sounds for expression.

:D

belpertc