Curser moves to top of doc

goldrepuk

Hi, I have had Express scribe installed in my computer for some time. I recently downloaded the program from your website to install it on another computer. When using this version I am running into a problem that I don't have when using the version I downloaded some time ago.

The problem is that if you wait a few seconds, i.e. don't do anything for a few seconds then the curses jumps back up to the beginning of the page, all by itself and if you don't notice this it can cause quite some extra work as you then start typing at the beginning of the document.

Any ideas how this can be fixed?

Please let me know.

Best, Lisa

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nchto

This issue is occurring with your document editor? Can you try replicating the issue without Express Scribe running? What versions are you using?

Backup your old installation (just copy the C:\Program Files\NCH Swift Sound\Express Scribe\ folder to a safe place) and try the newest version on our site and see if this issue occurs on the original machine (which did not have this issue).

• 1 month later...

Lisa,

Did you ever get your express scribe problem resolved about the jumping cursor. Mine has started acting this way when typing in the typepad area. I have an older version 4.11. This was not a problem until I purchased a footpedal - VEC. Can you share what worked for you?

Thanks, Bev