Express Talk on a Cingular 8525

stufried

I was delighted to see that NCH had released this program. The number of SIP compatible programs for Windows Media 5 has been startling small. I installed the program and configured the same. To my surprise, I could not get the test voice to play out of speaker during set up and could not get the program to recognize an Internet connection. I tried to register both while logged on to my home network and over Cingular 3g. It is important to stress, that it never reached the point of trying to connect to my SIP server. The program simply failed to see any internet connection. Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

I experienced the same on my 8525. The trick is to manually connect your 3G connection before trying to initiate an outbound call. You can do this through your connections manager or by performing some other activity that requires an internet connection (opening a web page for example). My problem seems to be the audio issue. I can initiate a call but I hear nothing from the other side. It seems to be a known issue from some of the other posts in this forum but I haven't yet seen a workaround or fix for it.

I was delighted to see that NCH had released this program. The number of SIP compatible programs for Windows Media 5 has been startling small. I installed the program and configured the same. To my surprise, I could not get the test voice to play out of speaker during set up and could not get the program to recognize an Internet connection. I tried to register both while logged on to my home network and over Cingular 3g. It is important to stress, that it never reached the point of trying to connect to my SIP server. The program simply failed to see any internet connection. Any suggestions?