Controling volume (level) in a section

Nigel_A

In a piece I want the first few seconds to be at normal volume and then fade down to a lower (background) level, then a few seconds before the end fade back up to the normal listening level. 

I can see how to to reduce a selection in the Amplifier section (but not fade down and fade up) and have tried the Equalliser section but that (as far as I can see) seems to alter various characteristics of the soud rather than just the levels.  But using the sort of graph option in Equalliser is what I would be looking for in straight forward level adjustment across the whole of a selected part.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Nigel

• 2 months later...
On 11/28/2023 at 9:13 PM, Nigel_A said:

In a piece I want the first few seconds to be at normal volume and then fade down to a lower (background) level, then a few seconds before the end fade back up to the normal listening level. 

I can see how to to reduce a selection in the Amplifier section (but not fade down and fade up) and have tried the Equalliser section but that (as far as I can see) seems to alter various characteristics of the soud rather than just the levels.  But using the sort of graph option in Equalliser is what I would be looking for in straight forward level adjustment across the whole of a selected part.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Nigel

Hi! Your best option for this would be to simply use volume automation which can be accessed with MixPad <https://www.nch.com.au/mixpad/index.html>.

You may simply import the audio clip you are working on, and then draw your custom volume automation so that you can customize the levels to your preferred taste.

Let us know if this addresses your concern. Keep in touch!