cleaning distorted music

braxx20

I recorded some music and the microphone is not very good. As a result the loudest passages of the music break up and give a crackling sound.

I realize that it won't be perfect but I would appreciate help in what features to use to try to clarify or least reduce the distortion so I can listen. I am NOT a disc jockey so don't understand all the "jargon" on "pass" filters, etc so would appreciate a simplified step-by-step procedure to clean this up.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nchto

If this crackling is caused by the microphone then you're going to have some difficulty removing it. An easier option is to simply re-record the noisy section making sure that your vocalist is far enough away from the microphone so that it doesn't cause this distortion. You can then amplify this in WavePad if the recording is too quiet.

There's no way to redo this. All I want to do is clean it up as much as possible. I HAD made some temporary improvements by randomly clicking various options on Wavepad, but can't reconstruct them so any samll help will be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nchto

Try the noise reduction filters and the equalizer settings from the Effects menu in WavePad. This will be your best chance at reducing the noise.