Downloading wav files

rainbow

Normally, when I download wav files from a client, my computer automatically sends it to Media Player. Then, I "save as media" to C:drive and load my Express Scribe from there. Sometimes, when I try to "save as Media" it does something weird and dowloads again to "Internet Cache" and I can't seem to get it to Express Scribe.

Is there any way that I can download directly to Express Scribe from their Website?

I suggest you create a new folder in your hard drive. When the .wav file comes in, save it in the new folder which you might simply label as WAV :) . To save on hard disk space, I usually convert .wav files to .mp3 using Audacity, then convert the .mp3 files using RealProducer10. Both are freeware :D . Instead of using RealPlayer Gold 10, I use Real Alternative which is also a freeware. Now, if you get to a really difficult ESL dictator, try running .mp3 using Audacity in transcribing the audio file then proofread using Express Scribe. Worked for me B)

In Internet Explorer, if you right click on the audio link and select "Save Target As...", you can choose where you want the audio file to be saved.

Bert: Switch does wav to mp3 converting too, its made by us, and its freeware.

www.nch.com.au/switch

• 2 years later...
Normally, when I download wav files from a client, my computer automatically sends it to Media Player. Then, I "save as media" to C:drive and load my Express Scribe from there. Sometimes, when I try to "save as Media" it does something weird and dowloads again to "Internet Cache" and I can't seem to get it to Express Scribe.

Is there any way that I can download directly to Express Scribe from their Website?

I strongly recommend loading a wav, or any file, to ES before converting it, because ES is going to convert it, too. The fewer copies, the less degradation. Also, if you go into Properties in WMA and unclick WMA as wav default player, then go into "settings>file types" and select ES as the wav default player, you can send the audio from the website direct to ES. I still recommend saving it on your hard drive however: right click the file on the website, using "save target as" but instead of closing the box once it's finished downloading, click "open" and it should also then load into ES. This does mean, however, whenever you want to use WMA or anything else to listen to wav files, you have to specify that, either from the player, or from a right click menu ("open with"). --krn