Vista problem: cursor goes "home"

canary

I just downloaded Express Scribe to my new Vista machine. Thankfully I have no sound problems, but ...

In the typing window, the cursor keeps going back to the "home" position on its own, no matter what I do. It seems to have a mind of its own, regardless of whether I touch the keyboard or not!

Anybody else experienced this problem?

TIA,

Canary

• 1 month later...

I've been having the exact same problem, but I don't have Vista. I have XP.

As I transcribe, if I stop typing for more than 2-3 seconds, the cursor jumps to the first position in the text box. This makes transcribing almost impossible because I'm constantly having to re-locate the cursor to where I actually want to be typing.

I don't use foot pedals or any other add-ons. I'm just using a regular installation of Express Scribe on a regular Windows XP computer. I'm using version 4.10 of Express Scribe.

Please help! Thanks!

Guest nchto

Are you referring to the text box within Express Scribe or some other document editor? Does this happen when Express Scribe isn't playing a file, or if Express Scribe isn't open?

I'm using the Express Scribe text editor. The cursor jumps home whether or not I'm playing back audio. The cursor jump seems to happen whenever I stop typing for more than a second or two, and I'm pretty sure it happens every time I stop typing (not just sometimes).

The problem is also described in this post:

http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?show...9&hl=curser

Any suggestions? I REALLY hope you can help me! Should I uninstall & reinstall?

Thanks!

I ended up opening up a document in Word and type in that screen. The function keys still work when Express Scribe is in the background so it works fine.

I'm using the Express Scribe text editor. The cursor jumps home whether or not I'm playing back audio. The cursor jump seems to happen whenever I stop typing for more than a second or two, and I'm pretty sure it happens every time I stop typing (not just sometimes).

The problem is also described in this post:

spam://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?show...9&hl=curser

Any suggestions? I REALLY hope you can help me! Should I uninstall & reinstall?

Thanks!

You're welcome!

Actually, there is no longer a text box in ExpressScribe. I had the same thing happen, when I installed 4.10, and only after a while did I realize that what I was typing was showing up as notes beside the file in the ES box itself. It is useful for Notes, tho'. KRN PS, I have XP--it's not a Vista issue.