Dial Dictate/Callcentric.com

pdurham

I recently registered with Callcentric.com VOIP. The initial test using the free Callcentric line seemed to work well. So I purchased a paid service. All of a sudden now Dial Dictate is rendering the following error message "Server Callcentric.com did not respond to register (the callcentric number displays) Check server details for that line."

I have opened several trouble tickets on the callcentric site seeking support of this issue. I was advised that I needed to download counterpath's x-lite sofphone in order for the line to register. Did that, downloaded and installed, and still the problem exists. Was also told that I need to email screenshots to support@callcentric.com. I have sent 5 emails to support@callcentric.com each with a bcc to several others including support at my ISP provider, all of which have been received without problem, except that I'm told that support@callcentric.com has received the email but no screenshots were attached. Callcentric does not provide a phone number for support and all of the back and forth email and trouble reports are really quite frustrating when no progress is being made.

I have Bellsouth Fast Access DSL and technical support has been helpful to ensure that the problem is not with my DSL service.

I initially started with Vonage service and after a few months of problems was told that Vonage did not support the service. Callcentric being on the list (NCH's Sip Providers) as a US provider for VOIP lines offering a free service initially so that a system test can be done seemed like a good idea. Shortly, thereafter, I'm back to square one -- problems with installation.

If anyone can offer any advice for how to remedy the problem with callcentric or recommend a VOIP provider that supports Dial Dictate, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Guest nchto

Try hosting the images on a free image hosting service such as imageshack.us and email them the link to this image.

"Server Callcentric.com did not respond to register (the callcentric number displays) Check server details for that line." - double check that all your username/password/server details are correct for the paid version of the callcentric line.

Try hosting the images on a free image hosting service such as imageshack.us and email them the link to this image.

"Server Callcentric.com did not respond to register (the callcentric number displays) Check server details for that line." - double check that all your username/password/server details are correct for the paid version of the callcentric line.

Thanks. The problem has been resolved and the software now registers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...