Help needed: Simulator works but live call does not!

learnnch

Greetings all,

(Edit-added after posting: PROBLEM SOLVED! - launch ivm in command prompt, instead of from 'shortcut'! - but now I have a new problem with sqllink plugin - read another post.)

I have an OGM; it works in simulator mode. This OGM calls for the execution of an .exe file (not an IVM plugin though). In simulator, I could see the .exe file being launched (as evidenced by the fleeting appearance of the black command prompt box).

however, in a live call, this .exe file just doesn't get launched (as there is no corresponding fleeting appearnce of the command prompt box), but the live 'commentary' says it is playing this file (and the call log registers so also).

please give pointers as to what to look out for.

thanks in advance. ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the same issue. I tried through command prompt, and also from short cut. The Simulator works fine. I am using a simple exe like notepad.exe and the simulator brings the window just fine, but the live call does not pull anything

Thanks

-sam

Greetings all,

(Edit-added after posting: PROBLEM SOLVED! - launch ivm in command prompt, instead of from 'shortcut'! - but now I have a new problem with sqllink plugin - read another post.)

I have an OGM; it works in simulator mode. This OGM calls for the execution of an .exe file (not an IVM plugin though). In simulator, I could see the .exe file being launched (as evidenced by the fleeting appearance of the black command prompt box).

however, in a live call, this .exe file just doesn't get launched (as there is no corresponding fleeting appearnce of the command prompt box), but the live 'commentary' says it is playing this file (and the call log registers so also).

please give pointers as to what to look out for.

thanks in advance. ;)

The reason it doesn't work is that Windows won't allow services to interact with the user, programs that stay on the command line work fine.

This is why Windows has it services manager, to allow the user to start and stop services without having to drop to the command line.

The reason it works with the simulator is that the simulator runs from an application implementation of IVM which is allowed to interact with the user.

Thank you....:blink:

so, how do I make it to work, are there swiches that i can turn on/off in windows? Because any external.exe we need to run is likely to be a windows run program (not command-line).

sam

The reason it doesn't work is that Windows won't allow services to interact with the user, programs that stay on the command line work fine.

This is why Windows has it services manager, to allow the user to start and stop services without having to drop to the command line.

The reason it works with the simulator is that the simulator runs from an application implementation of IVM which is allowed to interact with the user.