Transfer file from portable device and save as MP3?

Petra_44

Hello everyone,

I've just managed to transfer a file from a portable device. :rolleyes: The portable device is an old voice recorder, which I connected to my PC using an audio cable. So I can import a file that needs to be typed, and I'd then use Express Scribe for typing. That's good, that way I don't have to buy a playback device.

However, I'd also like to import files from the voice recorder and then save the file as .mp3. The purpose of this is to record words I need to learn and then listen to them on my MP3 player.

Can I use Express Scribe to save the file as .mp3? And if I can't, what software would you recommend for this? I also have the VLC media player, the Windows Media Player, Quicktime (but not the full version), WinAmp and the Real Player. Can I use any of them to convert my audio recodings to an MP3 file?

Best wishes,

Petra

Guest nchto

You should use Express Dictate, as this program is specifically designed for this task. It allows you to import audio from portable devices, and will then send this off to Express Scribe.