Grandstream HT-488 with AXON

GMT

Hi,

I recently buy an Grandstream HandyTone-488 (HT-488), Its 1 FXS-1FXO port. I was configure succesfully to forward incomming call from FXO to any extension on AXON, but I cant find the way to configure for make calls from any AXON's extension thru FXO. I want to use the landline connected to the FXO port to generate outgoing calls from AXON's extensions.

I was read the manual and search on the website of Grandstream, and on Internet but unsuccesfully. :(

Please, if somebody know and can help me, I'm waiting for instructions! B)

Thanks in advance, ;)

GMT

Hi,

Do you dial out and get the ringing of the FXS line and not the FXO? if so, I had the same problem. The solution is to set up to External Line to point to the proper TCP port. The default on the HT-488 for the FXO is 5062 and the FXS is 5060. Use the 5062 to use the FXO for Dialing. The syntax in the Server field is 192.168.250.52:5062. My HT-488 is using IP address 192.168.250.51, and you can substitute your address. I hope this helps.

Also, your HT-488 only supports two stage dialing as it comes from the factory. Which means that you will get your first dial tone when you first pick up your phone, then you dial your number, then you will get your second dial tone and your will have to dial your number again. This practice is quite common for many manufactures. Single stage dialing, which what I wanted and need is being tested by Grandstream engineering as we speak. So, for the short time you will be able to use your HT-488 ony in two stage dialing.

Best regards,

Todd Simpson

IT Consultant / Client Support

Interconnectix

(Solutions for your Connected World)

Hi,

I recently buy an Grandstream HandyTone-488 (HT-488), Its 1 FXS-1FXO port. I was configure succesfully to forward incomming call from FXO to any extension on AXON, but I cant find the way to configure for make calls from any AXON's extension thru FXO. I want to use the landline connected to the FXO port to generate outgoing calls from AXON's extensions.

I was read the manual and search on the website of Grandstream, and on Internet but unsuccesfully. :(

Thanks in advance, ;)

GMT

• 1 year later...

I have issues with my Grandstream HT488 FXO port. I can make outgoing calls but I can't receive calls from PSTN through the FXO port. I followed the steps to configure the extension line in the axon tutorial, FXO shows as "registered" in the HT488 status menu. When I try to call from outside, the phone attached to the FXS port rings once then nothing.

I have updated to latest firmware, tried to set "701" as a group extension in the "forward to VOIP" field but nothing... found extensive instruction for the Sipura SPA3102 or 3000 and tried to grab some useful info but no success...

Can anyone publish config steps for the hardware if you succeeded to make it work with Axon PBX <_< ? thanks

Can you publish your config setting to receive call from PSTN / FXO ? I have the opposite problem: I can make outgoing calls but extensions don't ring for incoming. Thanks

Hi,

Thanks in advance, ;)

GMT

Solved my problem with HT488 !

On the HT488:

Incoming calls set "forward to IP", SIP user and user auth... all the SAME name as set in Axon external line id

SIP Port is 5061

In Axon:

Outgoing calls set Server as your_FXO_IP:5061

Hope it helps

Can you publish your config setting to receive call from PSTN / FXO ? I have the opposite problem: I can make outgoing calls but extensions don't ring for incoming. Thanks