Wavepad won't record.

Guest Stefan Bukowski

Guest Stefan Bukowski

I put this on a PC that isn't hooked up to the internet. It worked at first, but then quit on subsequent uses. When I click record, the timer numbers don't increment. I tried reinstalling it, but it does the same thing.

I tried it on my home PC and it works. Any tips?

Thanks Stefan

• 3 months later...

Mine does the same thing. I installed it, tried it, bought it, made a few recordings, then it stopped. I know it is set up correctly. I stopped a recording in progress, flipped the tape over (I have made several successful recordings already) and it will not record.

When you click the record button about .05 seconds elapse, and it stops. I cannot get it to work at all now! I have reinstalled and restarted my computer multiple times without success.

What's going on here?

Please don't tell me to check the connections or the hardware. I already have several times (it was working one second, not the next). I have all the properties selected correctly as well. Has anyone else had this problem?

I use this to record interviews, so this is critical to my work (which is why I paid for it!).

FYI - If this makes any difference:

P4 3.0GHz

1.0GB RAM

Win XP Pro

Plenty of HDD

I got mine to work again; however, I'm still unclear what caused the trouble. It is clearly software, and I am suspecting a Windows update to be the culprit. I used system restore to go back a day which brought Wavepad back to life. Now, I am installing each update one at a time to see if I can isolate the problem. I will post the results when I get finished.

You may have turned on the Voice Activate option. Try to do these:

~ Click on Advanced Record Options button in Record COntrol window

~ Untick the Voice Activated Recording