Hot keys

Debbie

Hi,

Due to a muscle tear, I can't use the foot pedal, so I'm forced to use the hand controls for f4, F7 and F9.

It has been working fine since February until the last week, when I would hit the F4 key and word was trying to open a document. I realize it has something to do with word thinking i'm opening a document, so I temporarily reassigned it to F5 and F4.

I noticed today the F7 key is acting up also.

Why is this happening after all this time, and what else can I do. I can only use the hand controls now.

THANKS

DEBBIE

Hi,

Due to a muscle tear, I can't use the foot pedal, so I'm forced to use the hand controls for f4, F7 and F9.

It has been working fine since February until the last week, when I would hit the F4 key and word was trying to open a document. I realize it has something to do with word thinking i'm opening a document, so I temporarily reassigned it to F5 and F4.

I noticed today the F7 key is acting up also.

Why is this happening after all this time, and what else can I do. I can only use the hand controls now.

THANKS

DEBBIE

Hi Debbie: I'm handicapped and completely unable to use the footpedals, so ES was a godsend to me 7 or more years ago. Generally I find when the F keys don't work, it's becuase the F lock on the keyboard has been unengaged. I did a little test, and that may be one reason. Try engaging the F Lock on the keyboard and see if it works. Happy hunting. KRN