noisy wav

Closset

Hello

I'm testing wavepad. the project is to equip about 30 persons who will record books for blind.

I have the followings problems

1 - after having recorded something with the microphone input, when I listen, the result is perfect. But if I save the file as .wav, when I reload it in wavepad or in a sound player, I get a very noisy result. I have the same problem with other softs like audacity.

My system is win XP pro. The machine is a Dell with a simple sound card included on the mothercard.

2 - I cannot reload wavepad projects. I get a mesage saying that the .wpp extension is wrong and that codecs are perhaps missing.

Can somebody help me?

Gavroche

Hello

I'm testing wavepad. the project is to equip about 30 persons who will record books for blind.

I have the followings problems

1 - after having recorded something with the microphone input, when I listen, the result is perfect. But if I save the file as .wav, when I reload it in wavepad or in a sound player, I get a very noisy result. I have the same problem with other softs like audacity.

My system is win XP pro. The machine is a Dell with a simple sound card included on the mothercard.

2 - I cannot reload wavepad projects. I get a mesage saying that the .wpp extension is wrong and that codecs are perhaps missing.

Can somebody help me?

Gavroche

I found by myself a part of the problem about .wav files. I'm saving the audio file under PCM 44.100 khz 8 bits mono. If I change by sample to CCITT A-Llaw 44.100 khz 8 bits mono I get a perfect result. Can somebody explain the difference between those differents formats?

But concerning the wavepad project I did'nt found nothing.