Why Not Burn All Tracks?

bran8464

• 4 weeks later...

Does "standard CD" mean audio or data? I used Express Burn 3.02 free edition (I certainly won't buy it) to burn two audio CDs, and in both cases the last track was left off (only one track lost, not two). The first CD should have had three tracks but only had two, the second CD should have had 9 tracks but only had eight. I'm running in Windows XP SP2 Home. I thought the solution would be to add a dummy track at the end, but if you report that it sometimes leaves off two tracks, that won't work reliably.

Having purchased Express Burn 3.03 I find that it will always leave off the last two tracks when burning a standard CD. That's when there were only five tracks added - it only burned three. Tried again with same result.

After Express Burn burned eight out of nine tracks, I put a blank CD in the drive and Itunes offered to burn it for me and gave me instructions on how to do it. I followed the instructions and Itunes burned all nine tracks. So it appears that Itunes can handle my hardware/software environment and Express Burn can't (can't handle yours either). I didn't even ask for Itunes; it invited itself into my system to play something I got to on the www. But it works, and it's free.

Does "standard CD" mean audio or data? I used Express Burn 3.02 free edition (I certainly won't buy it) to burn two audio CDs, and in both cases the last track was left off (only one track lost, not two). The first CD should have had three tracks but only had two, the second CD should have had 9 tracks but only had eight. I'm running in Windows XP SP2 Home. I thought the solution would be to add a dummy track at the end, but if you report that it sometimes leaves off two tracks, that won't work reliably.

• 7 months later...
Thanks, we'll look into this. It seems to be a very isolated issue (only you two have reported it).

This has just happened to me as well. I've successfully burned everything using my Verbatim discs. In fact, this was the

second disc of a two CD set that was successfully converted from FLAC (a legally purchased live show from livedownloads.com).

The last track refuses to burn, even though the first CD of the set was complete. I've tried it 3 different times and each time, it fails

to burn. The missing track will play in Express Burn, so I know that the track (WAV) itself is OK. The CD itself plays to the end with

no problems but I can't get the last track to show up or play on the disc.

Is this a glitch that you've been able to address?

Thanks,

dave

nashville