Settng up Uplink to pass calls to SIP

Hello, I'm trying out Uplink and have the following scenario:

I have installed the Uplink software and configured it to connect to my Asterik PBX. I am logged into SkyPE and it is connected(to both the Asterik and Skype logged in) in the status in Uplink. My question is, how do I get Uplink to answer incoming calls and pass them to an extension, say 6(needed to dial extensions) 1234? It currently just rings and rings and doesn't answer the call, and if I manually answer it, nothing happens!

Thanks!

Roly

• 3 weeks later...

Roly,

first, make sure Uplink is registered with Asterisk (it should say: registered with <...>@<your-astersisk-IP>. Then specify the extension you want to call in the 'When Skype calls...' field (Options->Settings). That's what I did, and it works OK.

Hope it helps,

Arik

• 9 months later...
Hello, I'm trying out Uplink and have the following scenario:

I have installed the Uplink software and configured it to connect to my Asterik PBX. I am logged into SkyPE and it is connected(to both the Asterik and Skype logged in) in the status in Uplink. My question is, how do I get Uplink to answer incoming calls and pass them to an extension, say 6(needed to dial extensions) 1234? It currently just rings and rings and doesn't answer the call, and if I manually answer it, nothing happens!

Thanks!

Roly

Can you provide a walk through on how you configured your AXON? I'm trying to setup the same thing.

Thanks,